Tuesday 8 August 2017

Magical Mermaid by Stampin' Up!

I am so excited to share these cards with you today!  They were so much fun to make!



I knew I was going to want to make more than one card, so first I stamped 6 mermaids on white card stock using Basic Grey ink. This gives a softer look than the black ink.  The mermaids were coloured using pens from Many Marvellous Markers.

If you don't already own this set, seriously consider buying it.  You can do so much with it, including inking up stamps by colouring on them.  I use mine every time I sit down to create.

When the Mermaids were done, I worked on the backgrounds.  Every stamp you need to make them is included in the Magical Mermaid stamp set.  For the seashells and sand at the bottom of the "ocean", I cut a strip of paper in Very Vanilla and stamped multiple times down it.  Then I roughly tore strips to use on each card.  I love the look of the raw edge.

Even the bubbles are part of the stamp set.  Once I was done stamping on the piece of Pool Party card stock, I ran it through my Big Shot using the Seaside Textured Embossing Folder to add even more to the "ocean" feel.

The Enamel Glitter Dots finish the card up.  Here is a second card I made so you could see how easy it is to change it up once you have your card designed.




All of the supplies you need to make the card the same as mine are listed below.  One click on any product will take you directly to my online store to shop!  Thanks for looking.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for caring enough to comment!

January/February Card Class Schedule

Saturday January 13, 2018 2-4pm Big Birthday Bash :   We will create four Birthday Cards suitable for anyone.   Class fee is $15 or f...