Monday 3 July 2017

Double Z Card with Coffee Cafe Bundle by Stampin' Up!

I'm still enjoying playing with the Coffee Cafe bundle but this time I used it with a "double Z card".  If you haven't made one before it's simpler than it looks.  The secret is in the cutting.




Begin with an 8 1/2" x 11" card stock in the colour of your choice.  Score it on the 11" side at 2 3/4" and at 5 1/2".  Then cut it in half at 4 1/4" on the 8 1/2" side.  Cut a 1" strip from the remaining 4 1/4" piece.

I knew I was going to make a few cards so I when I cut the card stock in half, I did two more sheets of paper the same and then using a new piece scored as above. That was the piece I cut my 1" strips from.

You can go ahead and crease every piece at the score lines, folding it so that you create the "Z".  At this point, do any decorating you'd like to have on the card base, keeping in mind that you'll be attaching the 1" strip lined up to the bottom edge so you won't want anything to be hidden by it.

The 1" strip gets flipped end for end so that the 5 1/2" straight piece attaches to the front 2 3/4" piece and the other end attaches to the 5 1/2".  I used tear'n tape to attach the 1" piece.  The pieces that look like they are floating are added using clear window sheet cut to 1/4".

This is a great card to create with if you don't have a lot of supplies on hand.  Everything for this set is listed below so you'd be able to create many more cards after the first one!  Click on the items below that you need and you'll go directly to my online store.  Enjoy!



Product List


I did create two more cards at the same time.  Here they are for your inspiration:





2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute cards! I love this set and all the different cards you can make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! I know...I can't stop making cards with it!

      Delete

Thank you for caring enough to comment!

January/February Card Class Schedule

Saturday January 13, 2018 2-4pm Big Birthday Bash :   We will create four Birthday Cards suitable for anyone.   Class fee is $15 or f...